Commercial Account Executive Job Summary
Direct Reports: CEO/Large Accounts Producer
Primary Responsibilities for Commercial Insurance Account Executive
- Prepares and maintains summaries of insurance, schedules, files, proposals and updates client notebooks as needed for new and renewal accounts.
- Markets renewals, contacts clients, creates renewal proposals and handles other renewal activities independently or in coordination with the Account Executive or Producer.
- Renews policies following agency timing and quality standards. After the Account Analyst has completed the initial review of the policies, the Account Manager gives the policies a final check and completes a risk management report before sending out the insured's copies of the policies.
- As needed performs rating plan analyses, quote comparisons, and other analytical functions.
- Reviews contracts for clients as requested.
- Handles client policy change requests and needs throughout policy year, including company contact, endorsement requests and follow-ups and their review.
- Manage team including but not limited to:
- . Supervising the Account Analyst
- . Managing the daily Account Handling system - renewals, marketing, etc.
- Primary Responsibilities - continued
- . Managing the service plan created by the Producer
- Proactively and independently resolves client problems.
- Responsible for having the Commercial Lines Assistant review the WC experience modifications for accuracy of data and classifications.
- Verifies accuracy of all client audits and requests corrections as necessary.
- Documents all customer service transactions including but not limited to phone conversations and the processing of daily work via TAM AND AMS 360 software
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Processes and follows up on cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Implements and applies the agency performance review system justly, consistently and in accordance with agency timing standards. Actively participates in and supports the training endeavors of the agency.
- Assists and completes other tasks as directed by agency management.
Job Accountability Measures
. Customer satisfaction; retention
. Adherence to established procedures
. Timing and quality of service
. Technical accuracy; attention to detail
. Positive professional attitude; leadership
. Proactive problem-solving
. Effective communication
. Professional development
Personal and Organizational Development
. Set priorities and manage work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing
of transactions and other responsibilities.
. Cultivate and maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
. Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
. Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
. Develop leadership managerial skill set appropriate for fulfillment of responsibilities in a team setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
. College education or equivalent insurance experience
. Georgia Property & Casualty Insurance Agent's License.
. Ability to consistently display a proactive, positive, customer focus and demonstrate a dedicated sense of urgency in serving their interests.
. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain issues, receive and interpret information, and respond appropriately.
. In-depth knowledge of insurance products and usage; knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets; knowledge of insurance rating, rating plan and underwriting procedures. Ability to effectively organize, present and negotiate marketing approaches with markets.
. Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
. Understanding of agency work flow procedures, underwriting and sales and service processes with growing understanding of computer applications to workflow and quality control.
. Ability to supervise changing workflow priorities for self and direct reports.
. Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality; develop and utilize spreadsheet applications.
. Family friendly working environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
Salary Commensurate with experience (above market)
Location; Macon, Georgia