BENEFITS ACCOUNT MANAGER
Job Summary: The Account Manager will work in collaboration with the management team. Is responsible for the strategic management of client’s employee benefit plan implementation and ongoing management. The Account Manager is also responsible for resolving employee claim issues and developing and maintaining relationships with other internal and external business partners and carriers.
Includes the following (other duties may be assigned):
Compile data, preparation for account meetings, renewals, and new clients
- Create, update and maintain Employee Navigator* system
- Create and distribute client customized employee benefit books, legal notices, and other communication pieces
- Create computer spreadsheets and databases, using Excel and specialized industry software.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Support marketing campaigns
- Prepare documentation for contracts including master group applications and employee enrolment software (Employee Navigator*)
- Maintain office equipment including copy machine, phone system and computer network
- Perform general office duties, such as scanning, answering telephones, and handling routine office tasks including working on projects determined by corporate priorities
Soft Skills Needed
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethics
- A good listener
- A sense of care and concern for our clients
The Account Manager will work in conjunction with the production team and senior management in conducting regular meetings with clients. These meetings will include service discussions, review of renewal and marketing strategies as well as employee meetings to outline changes to existing programs.
Handles all lines for small-mid group plans, 10-300 lives.
Job Type: Full-time
Group Benefit Insurance: 3 years (Required)