JOB DESCRIPTION EPL & D&O claims Counsel
Position Type: Temporary Position (duration is open ended)
The primary role of Claims Counsel is to analyze liability claim submissions for potential coverage, set adequate case reserves, promptly and professionally respond to inquiries from our clients and their brokers, and to proactively drive early resolution of claims arising from our Executive Risks products, with a focus on D&O and Employment Practices Liability coverage.
Claims Counsel will manage a full pending of Directors & Officers and Employment Practices Liability matters, as well as provide thought leadership in multiple forums within and outside of the company. Claims Counsel will actively engage in business development, product innovation, and market/customer insight and develop strong working relationships with team members and underwriting leadership.
This is a newly allocated role. It is a fantastic opportunity to join Client, a growing business where you will be able to make a real impact. Together, we aim to be the best people producing the best insurance solutions and delivering the best service possible.
- Strategize with Insured’s and Defense Counsel to maximize early settlement opportunities for D&O and Employment Practices Liability matters.
- Analyze and draft coverage analyses
- Monitor underlying negotiations/litigation and manage defense counsel and costs.
- Continually assess exposures and adequacy of claims reserves
- Drive employee engagement by exhibiting passion about the company, values, business and our customers
- Attend mediations and/or settlement conferences where appropriate; travel as required
- Assists in preparing quarterly reserving packs
- Actively participate in the Claims/UW feedback loop
- Keep senior claims management adequately and appropriately informed of key claims and issues
- Liaison directly with insured’s and brokers on a daily basis
- Maintain timely and accurate file documentation/information
- Minimum of 3 years D&O coverage experience
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school – and or Claims Designations/Senior experience
- Bar admission in good standing – Preferred but will consider Senior skill set
- Ability to manage case load independently and meet time lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to establish rapport and build relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- Team-oriented, with ability to excel in a collegial environment
- Leadership and people management skills
- Travel as required for mediations, broker and industry meetings
Location: Atlanta, Georgia