Property Restoration Project Manager Job Description
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Work with team members to develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as RM, Xactimate Sketch estimating system a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills a must.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines. Sitting for extended periods of time.Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.Ability to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings and some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients/stakeholder’s, or off-site personnel/management
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business management or equivalent experience preferred
- 4+ years in a project management role, construction or related business
Location : Gwinnett County - Georgia
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with market